MethylAssist specifically helps maintain healthy nervous system function and comfort.
Provides activated B vitamins, including Metafolin® L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate (L-5-MTHF), to support healthy methylation, cardiovascular, neuronal and emotional health.
- Optimal levels of B vitamins have been associated with neurological and psychological health.
- Research suggests that folate, vitamin B12, vitamin B6 and benfotiamine help maintain healthy nervous system function and comfort.
- B vitamins offer cardiovascular support by promoting healthy endothelial function and methionine metabolism.
- Vitamin B12 and folate are required by the enzyme that converts homocysteine back to methionine.
- Folate is provided in this formula as Metafolin®, the naturally occurring, universally metabolized form of folate.
- Metafolin® is chemically identical to the active folate metabolite, 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (L-5-MTHF). L-5-MTHF is the predominant, naturally occurring form of folate in food.
- Through bypassing several enzymatic activation steps, it is directly usable by the body and provides all of the benefits of folic acid regardless of functional or genetic variations.
- Vitamin B6 is required in each of the two enzymatic reactions that convert homocysteine to cysteine.