In the past, the treatment of joint disorders was depending on relieving the symptoms.. till scientists discovered the critical substance present in between cartilages and joints, when it decreased or faded out caused joint problems.
This substance is the synovial fluid, in which “hyaluronic acid” is the main component of it.
So, hyaluronic acid supplements not only relieve symptoms like analgesics, it treats the cause of disease and eliminates it.
It is also used for skin to be shiny and moisturized, especially for aged women.
What is hyaluronic acid?
It is a critical substance that occurs naturally in living organisms when it binds to water giving it a viscous quality similar to jello.
Hyaluronic acid’s major role is to give liquid connective tissues their elastoviscosity such as synovial and eye vitreous fluid.
This elastoviscosity enables the movable parts of the body to do their job flexibly.
Unfortunately, biological hyaluronic acid decreases with age, and other factors may decline HA in joints such as:
- Joint trauma.
- Repetitive activity.
So, it was important for these cases to get an exogenous supplement of HA.
Sources of hyaluronic acid
When it was discovered, it was isolated from the vitreous body of the cow’s eye.
Then isolated from animal tissues like, chicken comb and streptococcal fermentation.
Now, recombinant organisms have become the alternative sources of HA, it is granted the generally recognized as safe status by FDA.
…Now, Let’s numeric together the benefits of hyaluronic acid
1. Maintenance of the elastoviscosity of liquid connective tissues.
2. It is used as an excellent moisturizer in skin care products.
3. To facilitate the healing and regeneration of surgical wounds.
4. Used as a drug delivery agent for various administration routes (ophthalmic, nasal, parenteral).
5. Used as a chondroprotective agent.
6. Plays a vital role in the maintenance of synovial fluid and the regeneration of tendons.
7. It has a unique viscoelastic nature and biocompatibility, that makes it used in several clinical applications like;
a. Supplementation of joint fluid in arthritis.
b. For surgical aid in eye surgery.
ii. Hyaluronic acid supplements for joint health:
Joint arthritis, like osteoarthritis, developed by synovial fluid loss and progressive joint degeneration and inflammation, that may occur due to loss of hyaluronic acid.
HA(hyaluronic acid) supplements have a huge role in decreasing inflammatory cytokines, leptin, and bradykinin(which play a role In cartilage homeostasis and degeneration), therefore eliminating the pain and inflammation of the joints.
it also decreases the turnover of naturally occurring HA in the joints, this eliminates cartilage loss and progressive joint degeneration.
What are the best hyaluronic acid supplements for joint health?
There are many pharmaceutical forms of hyaluronic acid for joints (topical gel, powder sachets, capsules, intraarticular injection). Each of them has its instructions and recommendations and is used according to the case. You can ask a healthcare professional for the best use for you. (Welltopia online consultation)
What are the other joint supplements that work with hyaluronic acid?
Studies have proved the efficacy of some supplements that act well with hyaluronic acid for joint disorders:
a. Hydrolyzed collagen type 2: it plays a vital role in restoring cartilage elasticity and supports tendons and ligament matrix, so helps in mobility and joint health.
b. Chondroitin sulfate: (mucopolysaccharide) stimulates cartilage cells to produce glucose amino glycans and proteoglycans, this support the cartilage elasticity. It also has an anti-inflammatory effect.
c. Natural hydrolyzed keratin: studies showed that it helps with HA in cases of knee osteoarthritis.
By combining these ingredients with hyaluronic acid in a therapeutic form, you will get the best efficacy of joint flexibility and cartilage elasticity and repair of connective tissue in joints, leading to flexible mobility and improved quality of life.
iii. hyaluronic acid supplements for skin health:
Do you bother with those wrinkles that appeared on your skin?
Do you feel a lack of shiny and fresh skin?
Let’s know the factors that cause wrinkles and loss of shiny appearance…
a. Extensive exposure to sunlight, especially UV light.
c. Reduction of sex hormones like estrogen and progesterone, during menopause.
d. Exposure to skin injury.
These factors cause dryness, collagen degradation, loss of elasticity, and wrinkles.
The key molecule which can provide moisture and elasticity and prevent skin wrinkles is, hyaluronic acid,
It has a unique capacity to provide shiny and moisturized skin.
How hyaluronic acid benefits the skin?
It plays on several axes and is effective in:
a. Skin rejuvenation.
e. Collagen and elastin stimulation.
f. Face volume restoration.
g. Improve skin hydration.
You may hear about the hyaluronic use in cosmetics for the skin, but what you don’t know, is its use as a treatment in cases of Eczema and wound healing, inflammation, and immunomodulation.
What are the best hyaluronic acid supplements for skin health?
Hyaluronic acid for the skin may be applied as a topical or oral route.
Topical HA-like (creams, gels, lotions, serum): has a fast effect but may be short-acting. So must contain low molecular size hyaluronic acid to penetrate the skin and give the desired effect.
Is oral supplement hyaluronic acid can be effective for the skin?
Yes, the tests showed that it can be absorbed and provide action in healing dermal wounds and maintaining elasticity and moisturizing effect on the skin, and preventing wrinkles, leading to a beautifying and nourishing face.
iv. Choosing the right hyaluronic acid supplement:
Some factors must be considered when you choose the HA supplement:
a. The balanced concentration: it mustn’t be very high concentrated that pulls the water from the tissue and reverse its effect, or in very low concentration that does not do the desired effect.
b. The bio-availability: in oral forms, must be bioactive and highly absorbed from the gut.
c. Suitable molecular size: in topical forms, it can penetrate the skin and do its effects.
d. The other components and cofactors in the formula increase the effect of hyaluronic acid like vitamin C, niacinamide, and collagen.
What are the side effects of hyaluronic acid?
It mimics the natural HA in your body, so it has no side effects unless you have an allergy to any component of the formula.
Dosage of hyaluronic acid:
- Topical forms: applied once at bedtime.
- Intraarticular injection: as directed by your doctor.
- Oral form: 7.6 grams (1 scoop) per day. or as recommended by the healthcare professional
You should always contact your doctor/pharmacist before taking any medicine to know the suitable and recommended dose for you ” Welltopia consultation“
v. Hyaluronic Acid Vs Collagen Supplements for Skin and Joints:
What is the difference between hyaluronic acid and collagen supplements?
Which is better for skin and joint health hyaluronic acid or collagen?
Both are important for joints and skin health and they declined with age, all of them have their function and finally, both are responsible for joint elasticity and skin nourishment.
The combination of the two compounds showed magical effects On joint and skin health.
Recently, hyaluronic acid is considered a huge breakthrough for joint arthritis and skin due to its several benefits:
a. Maintain elastoviscosity of cartilages.
b. Nourishing and moisturizing effect on the skin.
e. Collagen and elastin stimulation
f. Face volume restoration
g. Wound healing
h. Scars healing.
i. Improve mobility and elasticity of joints.
All these benefits are provided in one supplement, Collagen pro®
Why do we recommend Collagen Pro?
It is not only a hyaluronic acid supplement, it contains collagen too!
Can you imagine the magical effect on your joints and skin?
Can you imagine the elasticity and the moisturizing effect you can obtain from one supplement?
1. Because not all hyaluronic acid and collagen are the same, Collagen Pro is the actual component that has been proven in 24 clinical trials to do the desired benefits of hyaluronic acid and collagen.
2. Its high absorption and bioavailability and bioactivity enable it to be a very effective supplement.
3. The contained hyaluronic acid is two to four times more active than the regular HA in supporting synovial fluid health.
4. It also contains vitamin C, which has a vital role to get beautiful and fresh skin and healthy joints.
5. It is an oral form, to get the best effect of surrounded collagen, because collagen doesn’t work topically.
6. It is free of gluten, yeast, artificial colors, and flavors.
- Hyaluronic acid (Hyaluronan): A review
- Prospective bacterial and fungal sources of hyaluronic acid: A review
- The effects of an oral preparation containing hyaluronic acid (Oralvisc®) on obese knee osteoarthritis patients determined by pain, function, bradykinin, leptin, inflammatory cytokines, and heavy water analyses
- Effect of an oral preparation containing hyaluronic acid, chondroitin sulfate, hydrolyzed collagen type II, and hydrolyzed keratin on synovial fluid features and clinical indices in knee osteoarthritis. A pilot study
- Hyaluronic acid: A key molecule in skin aging
- preparing and application of oral hyaluronic acid skin-beautifying health care preparation