Cal-Mag Select Overview
- Calcium is most well-known for its role in the formation of bone and teeth, but it also plays a role in keeping the heart and muscles functioning by governing muscle contractions.
- Magnesium is also a constituent of bone and controls potassium and calcium uptake, assists in electrical nerve activity, and manages the metabolism of carbohydrates.
- Magnesium enhances the absorption of calcium, and works in tandem with calcium to allow muscles to contract and relax. Combined, these two essential minerals maintain in an intricately linked relationship that supports both muscle and nervous system function.
- Phosphorus is second in abundance only to calcium, and is necessary for bone growth, cellular health and acid-alkaline balance.
Cal-Mag Select provides 200 mg of elemental calcium and 175 mg of elemental magnesium per serving, each ideally formulated using multiple mineral forms to ensure maximum absorption.
Cal-Mag Select leverages the benefit of multiple pathways of absorption by using multiple different mineral forms.
- Combined, these two essential minerals maintain in an intricately linked relationship that supports both muscle and nervous system function.
- Provides the benefit of highly-absorbed, Albion® mineral chelates.
- Albion® is the world leader in manufacturing highly bioavailable mineral chelates, a specialized form of minerals bound to amino acids.
- In a clinical study comparing calcium absorption in humans, Albion®’s patented calcium chelate delivered the greatest absorption of all calcium sources tested.
In a magnesium comparison study reported by Graff et al. at Weber State University, Albion®’s magnesium amino acid chelate had:
- 8.8 times greater absorption than magnesium oxide
- 5.6 times greater absorption than magnesium sulfate
- 2.3 times greater absorption than magnesium carbonate
Albion®’s mineral chelates have extensive clinical research proving their superior bioavailability, biologic activity, stability and improved tolerance.
- Calcium is required for heart health, muscle function, nerve transmission, intracellular signaling and hormonal secretion.
- Less than 1% of total body calcium that supports these critical metabolic functions. Serum calcium is very tightly regulated and does not fluctuate with changes in dietary intakes.
- The body uses bone tissue as a reservoir for calcium, as well as a source of calcium, to maintain constant concentrations of calcium in blood, muscle and intercellular fluids.
- The remaining 99% of the calcium supply in the body is stored in the bones and teeth, serving as support for their structure and function.
- Magnesium is a cofactor in over 300 enzyme systems that regulate diverse biochemical reactions in the body, including protein synthesis, muscle and nerve function, blood glucose control and blood pressure regulation.
- Contributes to the structural development of bone and is required for the synthesis of DNA, RNA and the antioxidant, glutathione.
- Magnesium also plays a role in the active transport of calcium and potassium ions across cell membranes, a process that is important to nerve impulse conduction, muscle contraction and normal heart rhythm.
- Calcium alone cannot keep bones strong – adequate phosphorus levels impact bone health by making bone tissue more resistant to shock and compression.
- Phosphate makes up 50% of bone tissue and helps maintain other body tissues.
- Phosphorous is an essential ingredient in calcium supplements to promote bone strength and remodeling.
Cal-Mag Select Ingredients
Cal-Mag Select (90 Capsules) Dietary Supplement
Welltopia for Dietary Supplements in Wisconsin
Experts in Customized Multivitamins & Supplements
There are no reviews yet.