CC Max Overview
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is a water-soluble vitamin that is essential to humans and must be obtained exogenously. While most mammals are able to synthesize vitamin C, humans are unable to. This is because humans lack one of the enzymes required to synthesize vitamin C from glucose.
- Stress, smoking, pollution, radiation and heavy metal exposure, immune challenge, and temperature change all increase the human requirement for vitamin C.
- Well-known functions of this versatile vitamin include antioxidant protection from free radicals and oxidative processes; synthesis of collagen, carnitine, and neurotransmitters; and immune stimulation and support.
- Vitamin C functions as a cofactor for several metabolic enzymes and is involved in protein metabolism. It also plays a lesser-known role in the deactivation of histamine
CC Max provides the reduced form of vitamin C, is a generous donor of electrons allowing it to counteract oxidative free radicals.
This property makes ascorbate an ideal antioxidant that can protect cells and tissues as well as regenerate other antioxidants.
- Collagen is a fundamental component of bone, tendons, ligaments, and blood vessels. Vitamin C’s role in collagen formation makes it vital to maintaining skin, capillary, gum, joint, and skeletal health.
- Carnitine synthesis depends on vitamin C, highlighting vitamin C’s role in energy production. Carnitine is the “car” that shuttles fatty acids into the mitochondria where they can be converted to the energy-yielding molecule adenosine triphosphate (ATP).
- Hormones synthesis and neurotransmitters depends on vitamin C as well, it is required for the conversion of dopamine to norepinephrine, a neurotransmitter that is of great importance in maintaining healthy mood and brain function.
- Protecting tissues and organs from oxidative damage is believed to be pivotal in maintaining health in the body.
CC Max Ingredients
- Vitamin C (as calcium ascorbate, magnesium ascorbate, and potassium ascorbate)
- Calcium (as calcium ascorbate)
- Black Pepper Extract (Piper nigrum) (fruit) (93% piperine)
CC Max – 120 Capsules
Welltopia for Dietary Supplements in Wisconsin
Experts in Customized Multivitamins & Supplements