Colostrum Powder Meets the highest purity standards with herds that are pasture-fed and raised without the use of hormones, steroids or antibiotics.
- Colostrum Powder Collected within 24 hours after the calves needs are fully met.
- It contains a complete natural delivery system of immunoglobulins that can range up to 30% of total IgG content.
- Flash pasteurized with a low heat process to preserve the integrity of the active compounds.
- Colostrum Powder Certified BSE free and meets the ISO regulated standards by the NZ Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry.
- After giving birth, a mother’s body produces a special immune and growth promoting substance that is secreted into her milk.
- This fluid is produced for only the first 24 hours after giving birth, and is called colostrum. This special “pre-milk” is integral in providing a wide range of immunological and growth promoting factors to the offspring.
- Research provides evidence for transfer of cytokines, immunoglobulin, growth factors, and maternal immune cells to the newborn via the feeding of colostrum.
- Bovine colostrum is especially rich in immune factors, amino acids, nucleotides and growth factors. Some elements are present in higher quantities in bovine colostrum than in human colostrum.
- Research has shown that supplementation with bovine colostrum is able to positively modulate immune function.
- Immunoglobins, including IgG, and other proteins such as lactoferrin contained in colostrum are thought to play an important role in this supplement’s ability to defend itself.
- Bovine colostrum has even been shown to have an important role in supporting gastrointestinal health by stimulating the proliferation of intestinal cells, resulting in healthy intestinal function and mucosal immune protection.
- Adults: Take 1 teaspoon (1/3 scoop) daily or as directed by a healthcare professional.
- Advanced Use: Take 1 rounded scoop daily 30-45 minutes before exercise.
- Children (6-12 yrs.): Take 1/ 2 to 1 teaspoon daily. May be mixed with food and beverages.
CAUTION: Consult a healthcare professional before consuming if you have a dairy allergy or lactose intolerance.