D3 10000 plus K Provides High Potency, Bioactive Vitamin D with Vitamin K*
Understanding vitamin D
In the past, vitamin D was thought to function primarily in bone mineralization. Today we know that “vitamin” D is actually a hormone that plays a role in numerous pathways and aspects of human health.1,2 Supplemental vitamin D can help.
Metagenics D3 10,000 + K features 10,000 IU of vitamin D3 the most bioactive form of supplemental vitamin D. This high-potency formula also includes bioavailable forms of vitamin K2 (menaquinone-7) to complement vitamin D.
1. Kuchuk NO et al. J Bone Miner Res. 2009;24(4):693-701.
2. Demer LL et al. Circulation Research. 2018;122:1576–1585.
Why vitamin D with K ?
Like vitamin D, vitamin K is an essential, fat-soluble vitamin that plays a role in bone mineralization and cardiovascular health. Unlike vitamin K1, vitamin K2 is well absorbed by the body.3-5 Vitamin K, and in particular vitamin K2, is essential for calcium utilization and bone mineralization.*
Where can we get our vitamin D from ?
- Ultraviolet rays
- Food sources like beef liver, fatty fish, & egg yolks6-7
- Daily supplements
4. Maresz K. Integr Med (Encinitas). 2015;14(1):34–39.
5. Geleijnse J et al. J Nutr. 2004;134(11):3100–3105.
6. Vitamin D Fact Sheet for Health Professionals. National Institutes of Health, Office of Dietary Supplements.
7. Pirjo Het al. J Agric Food Chem. 1995;43(9):2394–2399.
Welltopia for Dietary Supplements in Wisconsin
Experts in Customized Multivitamins & Supplements
There are no reviews yet.