Recently, the traditional knowledge of Chios mastiha production was recognized as an Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO. The plant has a unique lemony balsam-like smell, which can permeate the air of the ‘Mastichochoria’, the villages on Chios that produce mastic gum. Mastiha is used as a flavoring for many products in Greece ranging from chewing gum to digestives, found at nearly every neighborhood restaurant and corner store. The use of Chios mastiha as a digestive dates back to Hippocrates in the 5th century BCE, and has carried through the ages.
- Supports a healthy microbial balance in the gastrointestinal tract, including the oral cavity and stomach*
- Helps reduce digestive discomfort*
- Promotes the health of gastrointestinal mucosa in the upper and lower digestive tract*
- Supports normal, healthy metabolism of glucose and cholesterol and blood pressure within normal ranges*
- Increases antioxidant potential and reduces cholesterol oxidation*
As a dietary supplement, 1 or 2 capsules two times daily between meals, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
Variations in product color may occur. Keep in a cool, dry place, tightly capped.