NAC plus Glycine Powder promotes antioxidant defenses and the body’ natural detoxification process.
Enhances immune defense and supports respiratory health.
- Glutathione is one of the main endogenous antioxidants, acting in the body to recycle other antioxidants and protect the body from free radicals, as well as support detoxification.
- Cysteine and glycine are necessary precursors for glutathione (GSH) synthesis, and co-supplementation of these nutrients promotes intracellular glutathione levels.
- The body requires amounts of cysteine and glycine that may not be met by dietary intake alone, particularly as we age.
- In a small study involving older individuals, two weeks of supplementation with N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) and/or glycine indicated that the combination NAC + glycine raised red blood cell (RBC) glutathione levels more effectively than either amino acid alone.
- NAC and glycine have been shown to maintain healthy cytokine release during times of metabolic stress.