Pro-Resolve Omega is a specialized Pro-Resolving Mediators (SPMs) to enhance and sustain immune resolution and restoration of homeostasis‡
Benefits & Features
- Supports the natural resolution of the inflammatory process‡ *
- Supports immune homeostasis and cytokine balance‡
- Promotes cardiovascular health‡
- Includes the omega-3 DPA (docosapentaenoic acid) to support cardiovascular health and promote more comprehensive SPM production‡
* Not all inflammation is associated with disease states. The body’s inflammation response to life’s occasional, normal stressors is important for optimal health.
- A unique blend of marine oils concentrated for SPMs and DPA
- Concentrated and standardized to contain 300 mcg SPMs per softgel
- Unique solvent-free supercritical CO2 extraction method utilizing a low-temperature, oxygen-free processing method to prevent oxidation reactions
- Ages 18 and up
As a dietary supplement, take 1 softgel capsule daily, with a meal.
Pro-Resolve Omega offers a unique blend of marine oils concentrated in Specialized Pro-Resolving Mediators (SPMs). SPMs are a group of compounds derived from marine oils and play a critical role in the resolution of the inflammatory process, including cytokine production and immune cell recruitment and function. Not all inflammation is associated with disease states. The body’s inflammation response to life’s occasional, normal stressors is important for optimal health. The body produces SPMs from fish oil; however, this multi-step process is inefficient and can be compromised. In two studies involving healthy subjects, supplementation with 4-17 grams of fish oil daily did not produce significant increases in SPMs.1 Different families of resolvins are derived from EPA, DHA, DPA, and AA, and each mediator exerts unique biological actions, such as regulating platelet activation (resolvin E1), regulating immune function (protectins), or promoting tissue health (maresins). Research has focused primarily on the E-series resolvins from 18-HEPE derived from EPA, and the protectins, maresins, and D-series resolvins from 17-HDHA derived from DHA.2 The omega-3 fatty acid DPA (docosapentaenoic acid) is a precursor for T-series resolvins and has long been associated with vascular health. In a pool of 19 studies and over 45,000 individuals, DPA was the long-chain essential fatty acid most associated with cardiovascular health.3 Mechanistic examinations suggest that 15-lipoxygenase (15-LOX), an enzyme that converts DHA and EPA to SPMs, may be critical for SPM production. While levels of EPA and DHA were comparable in immune cells isolated from subjects supplemented with fish oil, cells from obese subjects had compromised levels of 15-LOX and SPM production.4 Another study indicated that metabolic factors may influence levels of SPM precursors in response to fish oil supplementation.5 In healthy volunteers, supplementation of fish oil with SPM increased immune cell efficacy and decreased expression of adhesion molecules and platelet activation.6‡
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition, or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.