PureDefense with NAC contains EpiCor® that is a fermentate of Saccharomyces cerevisiae containing various bioactive metabolites.
Quercetin and elderberry provide flavonoids that offer additional support for immune and respiratory function while vitamin C, vitamin D and zinc play important roles in immune cell activation.
- Natural killer cells are part of the body’s innate, or first-line, immune response.
- They respond more quickly than the adaptive immune system comprised of B cells and T cells.
- Once activated, natural killer cell activity peaks in as quickly as several hours, providing rapid support and wide-range immune defense.
- These nutrient metabolites are produced in a specialized fermentation process and support immune cell production.
- In one cellular study, EpiCor® promoted natural killer cell activation, as well as that of B cells and T cells. In two randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trials, EpiCor® provided statistically significant support for upper respiratory tract health and overall immune health.
- NAC (N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine) promotes endogenous glutathione production for antioxidant protection and provides lung defense mechanisms for healthy respiratory function.