SAMe (S-Adenosylmethionine) functions as a precursor molecule for glutathione and promotes polyamine synthesis to promote healthy cellular function.
SAMe (S-adenosylmethionine) is a metabolite present in all living cells, it is believed to enhance joint comfort and function by supporting proteoglycan synthesis as well as helping to stabilize and protect the proteoglycans.
- Functions as a donor of methyl groups in over 100 different reactions and contributes to the synthesis, activation and/or metabolism of hormones, neurotransmitters, nucleic acids, phospholipids and proteins.
- Methyl groups act as a signal throughout the body, regulating genetic expression and cellular function.
- Clinical trials indicate that SAMe administration enhances glutathione production in hepatic tissue and red blood cells.
- SAMe also targets cognitive function and positive mood, as indicated in over 40 clinical studies.
- Promotes healthy protein turnover and maintains healthy phospholipid methylation to support phosphatidylcholine production and cellular membrane integrity and fluidity.