Advanced Digestive Enzymes offers broad-spectrum digestive support with hydrochloric acid, pepsin, pancreatin, and ox bile, each of which is important for those individuals who need more effective protein and carbohydrate digestion and fat emulsification and absorption.
Pancreatin is a mixture of several digestive enzymes that are produced by cells in the pancreas, it is composed of amylase, lipase, and protease. Pancreatin production and secretion by the pancreas are essential to the digestion and absorption of numerous nutrients, especially fats.
- Unlike many comparable digestive aid supplements, Bio-Gest utilizes pepsin and pancreatin which are undiluted and lactose-free.
- Maldigestion can result in the insufficient absorption of nutrients, giving rise to vitamin deficiencies (particularly vitamins A, D, E, and K) and food allergies.
- Assists protein digestion by activating pepsinogen to pepsin; it maintains a sterile environment in the stomach to resist ingested pathogens.
- Inhibits undesirable overgrowth in the small intestine; and it facilitates the flow of bile from the liver and enzymes from the pancreas.
- Hydrochloric acid also facilitates the absorption of a number of important nutrients, including folate, vitamin B12, ascorbic acid, beta-carotene, iron, and several forms of calcium, magnesium, and zinc.