Chromium Picolinate helps maintain already normal glucose levels and insulin sensitivity and can assist in weight management.
Natural mineral chelator produced in the body, is made from the amino acid tryptophan in the liver and kidneys and is transported to the pancreas.
- During digestion, picolinic acid is secreted from the pancreas into the small intestine, where it binds to minerals and facilitates their absorption.
- Refined flour and refined sugar is significantly depleted of chromium. In addition, metabolic stress, strenuous exercise, and pregnancy can all increase chromium needs.
- Chromium in the form of picolinate has been widely studied for its support of blood sugar metabolism and insulin sensitivity.
- Decreases in carbohydrate cravings have also been noted.
- Other studies show chromium picolinate can increase lean-body mass in obese patients and enhance the effect of weight management efforts.
There are no reviews yet.