Glutathione-SR is a breakthrough in glutathione supplementation because its sustained-release formula protects it from stomach acid and digestive enzymes, allowing for a slower release and a more steady level in the bloodstream of this essential nutrient.
Glutathione-SR is NSF Certified for Sport®. It occurs naturally in cells and is a cofactor in dozens of enzymatic reactions involved in detoxification.
- Glutathione is the most abundant anti-oxidant. Since training and competition create more oxidative stress and damage, athletes have a higher need for antioxidants.
- Exercise longer than 60-90 minutes significantly decreases glutathione levels in the blood, so supplementing is beneficial for endurance and ultra-endurance events.
- As an antioxidant, glutathione directly quenches several reactive oxygen species (free radicals).
- The body’s benefits from maintaining a normal level of glutathione include support for liver function, pulmonary function, immune function, bowel health, carbohydrate metabolism, cardiovascular health, cognitive health, and eye health.
- The liver is the body’s largest reservoir for glutathione, glutathione is essential for the liver’s phase I and phase II detoxification.
- Maintaining an optimal level of glutathione appears to be important for supporting cognitive function, especially during aging.
- The normal process of aging is associated with a decrease in glutathione activity, which can result in increased oxidative activity.
- Less than an optimum level of glutathione is observed in individuals experiencing a decline in cognitive function.
Because an athlete needs to know that his or her supplements are trustworthy and compliant, every batch of Glutathione-SR NSF Certified for Sport® product is tested for compliance with label claims and to ensure the absence of more than 200 substances banned by many major athletic organizations, including stimulants, narcotics, steroids, diuretics, beta-2 agonists, and masking agents.
There are no reviews yet.