Undecylenic Acid is an eleven-carbon, mono-unsaturated fatty acid that occurs naturally in the body’s perspiration.
Undecylenic Acid is the most potent fatty acid – six times more effective than caprylic acid, that efficacy has helped make Formula SF722 one of Thorne’s best-selling products for more than two decades.
- Many healthcare practitioners believe that maintaining a healthy balance of gut flora is a key component of overall health.
- In women’s health, increasing recognition is also being given to the relationship between gut flora and vaginal flora; i.e., a healthy balance of gut flora has a corresponding benefit for the vaginal flora.
- Studies going back 50 years demonstrate that fatty acids are effective in supporting healthy gut flora.
- Fatty acids have been used for many years to help maintain a healthy balance of the microorganisms that live in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Optimal functioning of the gastrointestinal tract is vital to the absorption of nutrients, the elimination of waste, and proper immune function.
- An unhealthy diet, inadequate digestive enzymes, oral contraceptive use, and taking various prescription and OTC drugs can cause imbalances in the gut flora.