A. Importance of collagen in the human body
Skin, Bones, Tendons, and Ligaments, all of them depend greatly on collagen to be the building block of their synthesis. Collagen is the most available protein and forms one-third of the total protein in our bodies.
Collagen is widely used these days to improve skin appearance, hydration, and elasticity. Collagen is rigid and resistant to stretching, so it’s important for tendons and ligament health. collagen may also increase bone density.
B. The rise in popularity of collagen supplements
The prevalence of some diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis made people use collagen supplements to keep themselves healthy and decrease the symptoms of such diseases, also the cosmetics industry focuses greatly on incorporating collagen as an essential component for skin vitality and wellness.
C. Purpose of the article: Comparing Fortigel and traditional collagen supplements
Now we will take you on a journey to know more about different types of collagen and highlight the key points that differentiate Fortigel from traditional collagen supplements.
II. What are Collagen Supplements?
A. Definition and types of collagen supplements
A Collagen supplement is made of collagen peptides. When the supplement is used, the amino acids are absorbed and then circulated through the body to reach various cells and act on them.
There are numerous types of collagen, but the most common are:
- Type I: found in connective tissue, tendons, ligaments, bones, etc…
- Type ll: found in joints and intervertebral discs, cartilage, etc…
- Type lll: found in reticular fibers, which are found in the skin and blood vessels.
- Type lV: found in kidneys, ears, and eyes.
B.The science behind collagen supplementation
Collagen peptides enter the circulation and act as building blocks that accumulate in cartilage, skin, and other organs. This allows for the support and vitality of these organs. A dose of 5–15 g per day is effective in decreasing joint pain. It should be consumed before exercise to maximize collagen synthesis.
C. Common uses and benefits
- Improve skin hydration and elasticity
- Reduce wrinkles
- Reduce symptoms of osteoarthritis
- Maintain cartilage integrity.
- May reduce bone breakdown that causes osteoporosis.
- help boost muscle mass when taken with regular exercise.
- Improve the synthesis of muscle proteins like creatine
D. Potential side effects and risks
Collagen supplements are considered safe with rare side effects. Some patients complained of minor symptoms such as nausea, bloating, or heartburn.
Some collagen supplements are made of allergens such as fish or shellfish, if you are allergic you must make sure that the supplement is free from any allergens.
III. Fortigel: An Overview
A. Definition and origin of Fortigel
FORTIGEL® is a purified protein that contains bioactive collagen peptides, It focuses greatly on the regeneration of joint cartilage. FORTIGEL® originated from collagen that has undergone multistep procedures to maximize its absorption and efficacy.
B. How Fortigel differs from traditional collagen supplements
FORTIGEL is more absorbed than regular collagen, The concentration that reaches the blood and cells is greater making FORTIGEL more effective in treating joint pain or restoring the vitality of the skin.
C. The science behind Fortigel
FORTIGEL® can trigger the growth of new cartilage by acting on the cells, this eases joint discomfort and makes the joints more mobile.
D. Benefits of Fortigel for joint health
FORTIGEL® reduces joint pain and stiffness and improves mobility and physical function. Symptoms improve only after 3 weeks of oral use. The improvement is more apparent after 6 to 12 weeks of treatment. FORTIGEL® decrease the need for massage or physiotherapy.
IV. Comparing Fortigel and Traditional Collagen Supplements
A. Bioavailability and absorption rates
FORTIGEL® is the hydrolyzed form (collagen peptides are broken down by enzymes to be more active) this hydrolysis makes FORTIGEL® more rapidly absorbed and more bioavailable (Concentration that reaches Blood after absorption) than Traditional collagen.
B. Safety profiles and potential side effects
Both Traditional Collagen and FORTIGEL® have rare side effects. But you must be cautious if you have a food allergy.
C. Price and value for money
The price of the collagen Supplement differs from one company to the other, you must make sure that you buy the supplement from a reputable place to achieve the optimum results and get the value of your money.
V. Choosing the Right Collagen Supplement
A. Factors to consider when selecting a collagen supplement
You must focus on the form of collagen, its concentration, added ingredients, and its source.
B. Personal preferences and individual needs
Before buying a collagen supplement you must ask yourself first why am I buying the supplement? Is it to promote my joints health or is it to promote my skin vitality? Which supplement is more suitable for my condition? All of these questions will help you in choosing the right supplement.
C. Recommendations based on specific goals (joint health, skin health, etc.)
When taking collagen supplements you must be patient as the results may take several weeks or even months to appear.
A. Recap of the comparison between Fortigel and traditional collagen supplements
Both Traditional collagen and FORTIGEL® are valuable for skin vitality and managing joint pain but when compared, FORTIGEL® will have the higher points in this comparison.
B. Final thoughts and recommendations
If you are still not sure about the right Collagen supplement for you we recommend Collagen Pro and here is why!
Collagen Pro is formulated to:
- Protects and promotes connective tissue biosynthesis.
- Promotes the body’s processes of cartilage, tendon, ligament, and fascia self-repair.
- Soothes joint lubrication, joint cushioning, and normal connective tissue inflammatory response.
- Supports normal rejuvenation of healthy hair, skin, and nails.
- Provides FORTIGEL®, TendoActive®, and Mobilee® to protect and preserve cartilage, tendons, ligaments, intervertebral discs, and fascia.
- FORTIGEL® stimulates collagen regeneration, type II collagen, and aggrecan, which all help to maintain healthy connective tissue. FORTIGEL® provides 5 g hypoallergenic protein per serving from a sustainable protein source without the risk of oxalate kidney stones from higher-dose collagen products.
- Hyaluronic Acid Extract as Mobilee® is a patented rooster comb extract rich in high molecular weight hyaluronic acid (HA), which is responsible for the viscoelastic, lubricating properties of synovial fluid.
- Provides TendoActive® which is a combination of type I collagen and mucopolysaccharides.
- Biochemistry, Collagen Synthesis – Statpearls
- A Collagen Supplement Improves Skin Hydration, Elasticity, Roughness, and Density: Results of a Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Blind Study
- Specific Collagen Peptides Improve Bone Mineral Density and Bone Markers in Postmenopausal Women—A Randomized Controlled Study
- Collagen Supplements Market Size, Share & Trend Analysis Report By Form (Pills & Gummies, Powder, Liquid/Drinks), By Distribution Channel (Pharmacy, Online Store, Specialty Store), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2022 – 2028
- FORTIGEL® KEEPS PEOPLE PHYSICALLY ACTIVE AND MOBILE
- The effects of collagen peptide supplementation on body composition, collagen synthesis, and recovery from joint injury and exercise: a systematic review
- Oral Collagen Supplementation: A Systematic Review of Dermatological Applications
- Collagen Peptides – Uses, Side Effects, and More – Webmed
- Top 6 Benefits of Taking Collagen Supplements – healthline
- An Overview of the Beneficial Effects of Hydrolysed Collagen as a Nutraceutical on Skin Properties: Scientific Background and Clinical Studies
- Specific collagen peptides benefit the biosynthesis of matrix molecules of tendons and ligaments
- FORTIGEL® – a new concept for the treatment of osteoarthritis
Acidophilus has been recognized as a potential option for relieving symptoms related to diverse health conditions. It may offer assistance in the management of:
- Diarrhea: Acidophilus supplementation may be beneficial in reducing the likelihood of developing diarrhea as a side effect of taking antibiotics. Moreover, it might provide relief for diarrhea caused by an infection.
- Vaginal inflammation: Acidophilus supplementation may be a viable option for managing the symptoms of bacterial vaginosis, a type of vaginal inflammation.
- Yeast infections: Acidophilus supplementation may offer potential benefits in treating and preventing vaginal yeast infections. Additionally, it can be utilized as a treatment for yeast infections in the mouth (oral yeast infections).
- Acidophilus has been explored for its potential in providing relief from symptoms associated with a range of conditions, including:
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Gum disease.
- Urinary tract infections.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Lactose intolerance.